How can I have my say about the budget?
You can have your say by :
· learning more about the council’s plans for the coming year and then
· making comment about any aspect of these plans
You can comment on any aspect of
· the proposed tasks
· or their timing,
· or any aspect of the financial summaries.
How can I find out what’s in the council’s budget?
Orange City Council’s budget for the coming financial year is contained in a set of complex documents known as the Delivery Operation Plan 2017/18.
You can download the plan in three files from this site.
You’ll find :
· an executive summary at the start, followed by
· a list of strategic directions, objectives, strategies and tasks together with the timing of when they are to be delivered, and,
· a section of financial summaries which outlines the proposed costs of key tasks.
The second section of the budget is about money, the Financial Summaries )
As well as the ‘spending’ side of the ledger, you can comment on the council’s proposals to raise income.
Council sources income through rates paid by residents, or by charging a fee to provide a service.
You can download the proposed ‘Fees & Charges’ in the document library .