Items not included in next year's budget
A Council budget is a delicate balancing act between community and Council priorities, income, maintenance spending, maintaining high quality services and general operational costs.
Before the draft budget going on exhibition, Councillors and Council staff met on several occasions to come up with a list of priorities, a list of wishes and a list of items which may not be a priority this year but could be considered in the future.
Some of those items which did not make the budget this year include:
- Street art, statues and murals
- Former netball court redevelopment in Sale Street
- Sporting precinct
- Health precinct
- Community centre refurbishment
- A chair lift to the summit of Mount Canobolas
- A Cobb & Co Display
- Upgrades, staffing and maintenance for the Orange Ex-Services Club Pool
- Solar panel roll-out
The period for community consultation on the 2019 Draft Budget has concluded. A report on the community response will be considered by staff and presented to the 25 June council meeting.